Tips For Applying For Social Security Disability
Social Security Disability Insurance (SSDI) can provide you with the money you need to pay for your medical care and everyday expenses when you cannot work due to a disability or long-time injury. To obtain these payments, however, you must fill out numerous forms and provide extensive documentation of your disability. Understanding these forms and knowing exactly what records and documents you need can be daunting, but you do not need to go through this process alone.
At Brian Clymer, Attorney at Law, we work with you at all stages of the SSD process so that you always have a trusted resource to turn to for help. From answering questions about what to do about Facebook and Twitter postings to helping you fill out an application to appealing a denied benefits claim, we give you candid legal advice and personal attention throughout the process.
Things You Should Do
Most claims for Social Security disability are denied in Arizona, only 37 percent of disability requests are accepted after filing an initial application. To increase the likelihood that your application for benefits will be accepted on the first try, you should:
- Keep a notebook/journal: This journal should have the names, addresses and phone numbers of your health care providers. It should also have the dates of when you saw these providers. This gives you additional evidence to use when applying for disability benefits.
- Make a list of names: You should name four or five people who know you and who are aware of your condition. These people will be able to corroborate your condition by providing letters that supplement your application, if necessary.
- Contact us: If you have any questions, contact us to set up a initial consultation and get the answers you need.
What Our Pima County Disability Benefits Lawyer Can Do For You
Brian Clymer has more than 35 years of experience assisting clients in Tucson and the surrounding areas of Southern Arizona. Our entire team benefits from his experience that allows us to offer insightful advice at any stage of the SSD process. We can help you:
- Fill out your initial SSD application
- Obtain medical records
- Request a hearing if your benefits are denied
- Represent you at the hearing and use expert witness statement to build a strong case for you
- File a disability appeal if needed
In Arizona, the Disability Determination Service (DDS) is the agency hired by the Social Security Administration to assess disability claims. We can help you increase your chance of success and respond appropriately to any inquires you receive from DDS.