Compassionate Guidance For Workers’ Compensation and Social Security Disability
Location : Tucson, AZ
Brian Clymer is an attorney who represents injured workers in workers' compensation cases and Social Security disability cases. He graduated with high distinction from the University of Virginia in 1975 with a double major in speech and government and received his law degree from the University of Arizona in 1978, graduating in the top 10% of his class.
He has been licensed to practice law in the state of Arizona since October 7, 1978 and is admitted to practice in the United States District Court for the District of Arizona as well as the Ninth Circuit Court of Appeals.
Brian has represented claimants in Social Security disability cases on appeals to the Office of Disability Adjudication and Review, the Appeals Council, and the federal courts, where he has a won a case in the Ninth Circuit Court of Appeals that was published work as legal precedent. Brian is a sustaining member of the National Organization of Social Security Disability Claimants.
In the field of workers' compensation, Brian is a certified specialist in Workers' Compensation law by the Arizona Board of Legal Specialization since 1983 and has won cases before the Arizona Court of Appeals and the Arizona Supreme Court on a variety of issues including heart attacks caused by emotional stress, hearing loss from gradual noise exposure, exposure to pesticides, and gradual injury claims for muscular conditions.
Brian was a contributing writer to two chapters of the Arizona Workers' Compensation Handbook published by the State Bar of Arizona. He has served twice as the co-chairman of the Workers' Compensation Section of the State Bar of Arizona, is a past member of the Arizona Trial Lawyers Board of Directors, and past chairman of the Southern Arizona Workers' Compensation Claimants' Attorneys' Association. Brian served as a member of the Industrial Commission of Arizona's Ad Hoc Advisory Committee which looked into ways to improve the hearing process, and he has also appeared before committees of the Arizona state legislature to advocate for improvements in our workers' compensation system.
Brian has been a "Masters of the Bench" member of the Morris K. Udall Inn of Court from 2010 to 2015 and has served as a member of the State Bar of Arizona Workers' Compensation Advisory Commission since 2015 and holding the position of Chair since 2016. Brian is also a member of AALIW which is an association of Arizona attorneys who represent injured workers in workers' compensation case.
In 2016 Brian started service on the Pima County Bar Association Board of Directors and has been a member of the Board of Directors of Southern Arizona Legal Aid Inc. since 2017. In 2018 Brian began service on the Pima County Bar Foundation Board of Directors.
Brian has been listed in The Best Lawyers in America since 1995 for the area of workers' compensation law and has an AV rating in Martindale-Hubbell legal directory.
- University of Arizona College of Law, Tucson, Arizona
- J.D. - 1978
- Honors: With High Distinction
- University of Virginia, Charlottesville, Virginia
- B.A. - 1975
- Honors: Intermediate Honors
- Honors: High Distinction
- Major: American Government
- Major: Speech
- Workers' Compensation Law
- Social Security -- Disability
- Arizona, 1978
- U.S. District Court District of Arizona, 1978
- U.S. Court of Appeals 9th Circuit, 1980
Certified Legal Specialties
- Certified Specialist in Workers' Compensation law by the Arizona Board of Legal Specialization since 1983
- American Bar Association, 1978 to Present
- Pima County Bar Association, 1979 to Present
- National Organization of Social Security Claimants' Representatives, 1980
- Southern Arizona Workers' Compensation Claimants' Attorneys' Association, Past President, 1981
- Arizona Trial Lawyers Board of Directors, Member
- Morris K. Udall Inn of Court, 2010 to 2015
- Workers' Compensation Section of the State Bar of Arizona, Past Secretary
- Workers' Compensation Section of the State Bar of Arizona, Past Co-chairman
Current Employment Position
- Sole Proprietor
Classes & Seminars
- Examination of Witnesses at the ICA, WC Section, State Bar of Arizona, 2019
- Arizona Workers' Compensation, State Bar of Arizona, 2018
- Social Security Disability: Challenges and Changes, NALS, 2018
- Social Security Disability and Lyme Disease, Tucson Lyme Disease Support Group, 2017
- "Who Cares About W.C. & S.S. Disability?", Tucson Paralegal Association 2012
- "Ariz. W.C.: Know the Basics to Protect Your Rights", International Assoc. of Machinists & Aerospace Workers Lodge 933 , 2008
- "Doctor, just between you and me: Legal & Ethical Consideration in Ex Parte Communications With Doctors",State Bar of Arizona W.C. Section, 2008
- "What did the 2007 Arizona State Legislature Do to Us?", State Bar of Arizona W.C. Section, 2007
- Workers Compensation Law to Union Counselors Program, Southern Arizona Central Labor Council, 1999 to 2001
- Workers Compensation and Social Security Disability to the People's Law School, Arizona Trial Lawyers Association, 1991 to 1999
- Workers Compensation and Social Security Disability to the People's Law School, Arizona Trial Lawyers Association, 1991 to 1991
- Board of Directors, Southern Arizona Legal Aid, 2017 to 2021
- Board of Directors, Pima County Bar Association , 2016 to 2021
- Martindale Hubbell AV Rating, 1990 - 2021
- Best Law Firms 2021 by U.S. News and World Reports, 2021
- Southwest Super Lawyers, 2008-2017
- The Best Lawyers in America (Workers Comp), 1995-2017
- Morris K. Udall Inn of Court "Masters of the Bench," 2010 - 2015
- Best Lawyers' 2012 and 2016 Tucson Workers' Compensation Law - Claimant
- Simmons vs. Indus. Comm'n of Ariz., 248 Ariz. 245 2020, Az Ct. App. , 2CA-IC 2019-0003
- Lane vs. Indus. Comm'n Ariz. , 218 Ariz. 44 2008, Az Ct. App., 2CA-IC 2007-0007
- Mace vs. Indus. Comm'n Ariz. , 204 Ariz. 207 2003, AZ Ct. App., 2CA-IC 2002-0010
- Rodriguez vs. Bowen, 876 F. 2d 759 1989, 9th Cir., 87-2719
- Pacific Fruit Express vs. ICA, 153 Ariz. 210 1987, Az. S. Ct., CV86-0259-PR
- Tretschok, McNamara & Clymer, P.C., Shareholder, 1981 to 1996
- Law Offices of Dale Tretschok, Associate, 1979 to 1981
- Ely and Bettini, Associate , 1978 to 1979